Patents, designs, trademarks and geographical indications are administered by the Controller General of Patents, Designs and Trademarks which is under the control of the Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion, Ministry of Commerce and Industry. Copyright is under the charge of the Ministry of Human Resource Development. The Act on Layout Design of Integrated Circuits is implemented by the Ministry of Communication and Information Technology.
World Intellectual Property Organization defines Intellectual Property as legal rights that result from intellectual activity. The intellectual activity may include any activity in the industrial, scientific, literary and artistic fields. According to the Centre for Intellectual Property Rights in India, the major Indian Intellectual properties typically fall into 4 major buckets; Copy Right, Patent, Trade Mark and Design Protection.
But taking as a whole, there are around nine legislations which protect different types of Intellectual properties viz.
- The Indian Copyright Act, 1957
- The Patents Act, 1970/strong>
- The Designs Act, 2000
- The Trade Marks Act, 1999
- The Semiconductor Integrated Circuits layout Design Act, 2000
We provide assistance in the following areas:-
- Legal Advisory & Protection.
- Drafting of Related Agreements.
- IPR Litigation.
- Registration of Trade Marks, Copyrights, Designs Act, Geographical Indications of Goods.
- Publication and searches qua Trade Marks, Copyrights and Designs Act.
- Legal and para enforcements, raids and investigations for seizure and confiscation of goods and materials qua Trade Marks, Copyrights and Designs Act.
- Other related works qua Trade Marks, Copyrights, Designs Act, Geographical Indications of Goods and Patents.